What to expect from the Zuni ArtWalk
- ArtWalk Events - Get ready for a tour of Zuni Pueblo through the eyes of our artists. All ArtWalk artists have open studios during events and a free shuttle is available to take you between the locations. Start your day at the Visitor Center to get maps and catch the shuttle!
- Daily visits - On almost any given day many artists' studios are open for drop-in visitors. Stop into the Zuni Pueblo Visitor Center or call (505) 782-0640 to see who is open and to check for cultural activities that many prohibit visitation.
- Demonstrations - Arrange a personal visit with a Zuni artist(s) to learn first-hand about Zuni art and techniques. Hear the personal stories of a traditional potter, stone "fetish" carver, silversmith/jeweler, woodcarver, painter, or others. To arrange a demonstration please contact the Zuni Pueblo ArtWalk Office (505) 782-0640 or contact the artists directly.
- Large Groups - If you are part of a large group tour we are happy to accommodate you! Please call ArtWalk office at (505) 782-0640 to make your reservations and arrange your personalized tour!
Where to Stay
Staying for a few days? Here are a few options in and around Zuni.
- Inn at Halona - located near the heart of Zuni Pueblo
Phone: (505) 782-4547 or (800) 752-3278
- East on Highway 53:
- El Morro RV Park and Cabins - 30 miles
Phone: (505) 783-4612
- El Morro National Monument Camp Ground - 30 miles
Phone: (505) 783-4226
- Cimarron Rose Bed & Breakfast - 45 miles
Phone: (800) 856-5776 or (505) 783-4770
- Airbnb has a few options in the area
- There are many great options in Gallup, New Mexico. 30 miles away and easily accessible to Zuni Pueblo.